Eyelash extensions can be a wonderful addition to your beauty regimen. The best way to protect your investment is to follow these aftercare steps.
- Do not get your lash extensions wet for the first 24 hours after application.
- Do not use oil-based eye products, eye creams, waterproof mascara or waterproof eyeliner.
- Cleanse your eyelashes daily with a soft clean makeup brush or disposable lipgloss wands.
- Use only water based make-up and make-up removers.
- Do not perm, tint or use an eyelash curler on you natural lashes while wearing extensions. (Damage to your lash extensions will occur)
- Be careful to avoid extreme heat near your extensions as the extensions can “singe” or loose their curl.
- Do not pull on your extensions or rub your eyes.
- If for any reason your extensions need to be removed, please do not attempt to remove them yourself! Contact a trained professional to avoid damage.
- To extend the life of your lashes, please schedule touch-ups every 2-3 weeks. Appointments after 4 weeks will need a new set.
When choosing to get eyelash extensions, your choice of an artist is key. What do you look for? Many people make their decision based on location or price but there is so much more to choosing the right lash artist than just those factors alone. Eyelash extension application is an art and should be treated as such. You wouldn’t trust you eyes to just anyone would you? Here are a few tips on how to choose the right artist for you.
Do your research!! What does that mean exactly? When choosing an artist you must first know what your looking for. Having a photo of your desired outcome to reference will always help you and your artist determine the style of lashes you would like. These days there are lash artist who strictly deal with one style of application or who specialize in a certain eye shape. Let’s discuss these differences to assist you in your choice.
Currently there are two styles of lash extensions on the market. Single or Classic lash extensions which are single strands of synthetic eyelashes applied to one natural lash at a time. This look can maximize your natural lash volume by adding a little more density and length giving the illusion of perfect mascara. Volume lash extensions are multiple strands of synthetic eyelashes applied to one natural lash. This look gives much more fullness then your natural lashes could ever dream of! If you have a specific look in mind let’s say the #kimkardashian or #kyliejenner , you need to make sure that you bring a photo of your desired outcome to your appointment. Please keep in mind that not all looks are appropriate for daily wear and may not be compatible with all natural lash conditions. Your artist should discuss this with you and adjust your extensions accordingly.
Check back soon to get more tips on how to select a the right lash style and stylist for your needs. A hui hou!